Thursday, August 24, 2006

 

The Dark

I think I agree with Lem in that people who blog poetry are kinda lame, and trying to be emo, or something like that. That being said I that some poetry is written to be read. So I want to post this poem that I wrote the other night.


The Dark

I seek the Light,
But it is the Dark that I love,

While water is the river of life,
The Dark swims in wine,

The Light has taken my soul,
The Dark has won my heart,

I dwell upon the Light in the day,
But at night I dream about the Dark,

The Light calls out to me,
Yet I call out to the Dark,

The Light only wants to love me,
The Dark holds itself high,

Unchangeable is the Light,
The Dark's mind wanders,

My ears are open to the Light,
But I listen to the Dark,

Sacrifices are the path of the Light,
Selfish deeds are the way of the Dark,

The Light is bloody,
The Dark is beautiful,

I love the Light,
I desire the Dark.

Todd W. Phillips

Comments:
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
 
Ladies and gentlemen, after a silence of almost four months, 'Blogger' proudly presents: Mr. Todd W. Phillips!

I can definitely relate to your poem.
 
Yeah. Give me a shovel, because I dig this poem.
 
you gonna ever post on this blog again or what?
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?